Meghan Markle’s Lawyers Break Their Silence After She’s Brutally Shut Down by Judge

Meghan Markle

Yesterday, a judge threw out a number of arguments of Meghan Markle’s lawsuit against The Mail and its parent company Associated Newspapers for publishing a letter she wrote to her father that she claimed was private. Now, Meghan’s layers are speaking out to express their shock at the judge’s ruling.

Her attorneys admitted that they were “surprised” by the judge’s decision, but told Fox News that it would not stop them from continuing “to move forward” with the case.

“Today’s ruling makes very clear that the core elements of this case do not change and will continue to move forward. The Duchess’ rights were violated; the legal boundaries around privacy were crossed. As part of this process, the extremes to which The Mail on Sunday used distortive, manipulative, and dishonest tactics to target The Duchess of Sussex have been put on full display,” Meghan’s lawyers said.

“Whilst the Judge recognizes that there is a claim for breach of privacy and copyright, we are surprised to see that his ruling suggests that dishonest behavior is not relevant,” the legal team added. “We feel honesty and integrity are at the core of what matters; or as it relates to the Mail on Sunday and Associated Newspapers, their lack thereof.”

“Nonetheless, we respect the Judge’s decision as the strong case against Associated will continue to focus on the issue of a private, intimate and hand-written letter from a daughter to her father that was published by The Mail on Sunday,” they concluded. “This gross violation of any person’s right to privacy is obvious and unlawful, and The Mail on Sunday should be held to account for their actions.”

Associated Newspapers has denied all allegations that Meghan made in her suit, specifically taking issue with her claim that the letter to her father Thomas was presented in a way that changed its meaning. Meghan’s husband, Prince Harry, has long had a contentious relationship with the press, as he still is said to blame them for the death of his mother Princess Diana.

Meghan’s case opened last week in UK’s High Court via video conferencing, and both she and Harry were expected to listen in from Los Angeles, California, where they have moved after stepping down as senior members of the British royal family.